Thursday 12 July 2007

Gratitude

After a month of rain and strong winds, yesterday we had a gloriously warm, hot, sunny Summer day. It felt like Summer was back. I was overjoyed to be able to hang my washing out (for me this is one of my most favourite simple pleasures in this life). Although busy with work, I took five minutes to sit amongst the flowers in our garden. The wet weather has prevented us from spending time in the garden, and I have been feeling a sense of disconnection with my beloved little green and growing space. I went into meditative mode and just let myself expand along the soft breeze taking in the different sounds, the flowers behind me felt like the most wonderful healing support as I sat there warming myself in the healing rays of Grandfather Sun. I gave thanks for the blessings of this day, for our lovely little home and garden and for all the abundance we are surrounded with and continually given. Within minutes I was feeling totally relaxed and recharged and ready to return to work.

This was just a small window of opportunity, today we are back into the wet and windy weather pattern, but it doesn't matter, I just close my eyes, remember my special time yesterday and feel a warm, healing glow.

Make the most of all the little windows of opportunity that come your way and take time out to bask in gratitude and abundance - it is such an energizer!

No comments: