Tuesday 7 October 2014

They say when we make plans God laughs…..


Well God/Goddess did have a laugh. In my last Blog post I promised more regular updates.  I also had lots of announcements and new things scheduled to share with you over the coming weeks.  Then I had unexpected emergency eye surgery and everything stopped for six weeks or so.

I found this event scary and also challenging.  It was also frustrating, as four weeks before this I’d had my bi-annual eye test and my eyes had actually improved, so much so that I didn’t need a new prescription for my glasses! 

Just before the op, my energy was great; I was feeling optimistic and enthusiastic about my work, I had cleared a lot of clutter internally and externally and felt ready for the new launches I had planned.  However God/dess had other plans.

One of the most important lessons I learned from this was never to override your inner gut feeling that something is wrong.  When the distortions in my eye didn’t clear and the headache was only moderately better, I ‘phoned to make an appointment with my Doctor.  The receptionist wanted me to wait two weeks, but because I don’t normally get headaches I insisted on seeing a doctor as soon as possible.  And it is a good job I did.  I saw the Doc the next day, she sent me straight to the optician in town and after 2.5 hours of thorough testing, he discovered two retinal tears and two bleeds in my eye. I was immediately sent to the hospital for surgery.  The optician said that had I waited two weeks to see the doctor; I could have ended up blind. 
So, if you or anyone you know has migraine-like symptoms that don’t clear even after taking meds, go get it checked out straight away. 
(The optician told me that the previous week he had treated a young builder who couldn’t see out of his eye, the young man had ignored the headaches and distorted vision he had been having and had completely lost the sight in his eye.  It can happen that quickly). 
The lesson is to put yourself first, because your health is your wealth, without it you have nothing.

I had to work through a lot of frustration and worry (not working means no money coming in for me).  I felt incredibly vulnerable too.  Then two days after the op, our brand new Apple iMac computer died.  Okay Universe, if you really wanted me to rest did you have to do it soooo dramatically? 

It was four weeks before the store got a new computer set up for us with all our data intact. It involved many visits to the store and many ‘phone calls. This was VERY frustrating.  And also lonely, I felt disconnected from all my friends and clients online.  Depression started to set in, and I dived into some deep Scorpio depths. 
When something goes wrong with our bodies, our instinct is to attack it through anger and fear, at the time when it most needs our love.  I give thanks for the friends in my life, they kept me going through some of the toughest weeks I have ever been through and got me back on track by reminding me of some of my own teachings.  I stepped up the affirmations and EFT, I took essences every day, I ate well and rested (I was amazed at how tired and weak the op had left me). And slowly over the weeks, I got through it and started to feel better.
My eye is still not 100%, it can take months for it to heal fully.  I have been checked again by the hospital and also the lovely optician who saved my sight. All is healing well according to the professionals, so I just need to be a little more patient.

I am still not totally sure of the bigger reason why it happened.  The time away from the computer made me realise that as usual, I had been spending far too much time on it.  Not having one enabled me to catch up with a lot of stuff in the office, home and garden, and I liked having the time to do that.  I felt more in control of my environment and enjoyed giving it some much needed TLC.  The time off enabled me to prepare better for my new launch (details in November) which I am a little nervous/excited about.  The time off enabled me to reconnect with my garden and the Nature Spirits.  To take time for self care. 


I am a highly visual person; I adore reading and read all the time. I enjoy TV and movies; I love connecting globally via the internet.  The threat to my sight made me realise how precious our eyes are.  They are not just windows to our Soul; they are windows to our world.

Now I am back online and having to restrict my time on it.  Already I have seen how much time it eats up and I get less done each day if I spend too much time on it.  I am delighted to be connected with everyone again.  I value each connection I have; y’all brighten my day and are my extended family.

I already have to build in time for self care – how quickly we allow life and busyness to eat up our quality time for ourselves!

I have learned a lot from this experience, and will no longer push myself when I know I am tired and need to have a break.  I will go with the flow of what my body and Soul wants.  I learned to do that over the past few weeks and life was a heck of a lot easier and sweeter.


Astrologically we have been through quite a lot with the recent Supermoon and Moon cycles.  A lot has been revealed, especially people’s true intentions and motives.  We are learning to discern yet again whom we need to have around us on the next stages of our pathway.  This can hurt, as we have to let go of more people as we re-set our boundaries, but we must do this.  We have come too far, and been through too much to let anyone jeopardise or sabotage us at this stage.  We are here for a purpose and we need to get on with it.

FULL MOON BLESSINGS!

A more benevolent Full Moon this time around compared to the recent Supermoon. It's powerful though and you may feel spacey and find it hard to concentrate (especially if you are a water sign).

The key to the next couple of weeks is to choose love rather than aggression, faith rather than force, and trust rather than treachery.

The Lunar Eclipse on the 8th puts fire in your belly, and if you don't respond then this Eclipse will really shake things up in your world.

A lot of big changes have happened in some folks' lives already in the lead up to this; relationships suddenly ended, sudden job relocations, sudden urges to move home, an urge to completely change your image. Many are feeling the urge to change and you cannot ignore this. Allow yourself to feel excited about changing, about looking, feeling and doing things completely differently, doing something completely new. Yes it's scary but you are right on track and you have full celestial support.

This Lunar Eclipse encourages you to embrace Aries' warrior energy and stride out fearlessly with these new changes. No more thinking about it, it's time to just F'ing do it!

Remember action with love and faith is a powerful recipe for positive manifestation.

Loving Blessings for your Full Moon fulfilment


I promise to write more soon, unless of course, God/dess has another plan in mind!

Love and Blessings to y’all
Elly x

Copyright E. Yule ©2014 Worldwide Rights Reserved



No comments: