Thursday 15 November 2007

Last Moon of Autumn

How I love the Autumn Season.

Autumn Woman has done a fine job once again, the colours of her season lay all around us with leaves of many colours creating a carpet of colour on the ground. There is a gentle sigh in the garden as the trees, plants and flowers start to prepare for hibernation. Jack Frost gives us a teaser of what is to come during the White Crone of Winter's cycle, by decorating the fallen leaves with frosting and brushing the top of the grass with his icy paintbrush and breathing out his icy cold breath. Grandfather Sun shines bright in a clear blue sky, painting everything in Autumn gold and making us appreciate every day that he chooses to do this during these Autumn months. (Some days when we can't see his face it sure looks dark and grey around here!). It gives me such peace to just stand and look at the Autumn beauty all around me.

And then I turn around and once more get sucked into the pushing energy of what needs to be done as we hurtle towards the Festive holidays. Delays with suppliers has meant a delay for me in getting out my Christmas Gifts brochure and this has been stressful as it has eaten into the planning time for our own Christmas. Will I get it all done in time? When the hamster wheel of 3-D materialistic life starts to press too much, I simply stand up and stare out of my office window at our little garden that brings me so much pleasure. A little Robin has taken up residence in our front garden and yesterday chastised me for not putting out any bird food - I should have done it yesterday as I hadn't realised we would have such a hard frost this morning. They always know. The mild Autumn had lulled me into thinking they were still able to harvest from the shrubs and trees.

Bright blessings to you all on this gorgeous Autumn morning, make the most of November, the last moon of Autumn.

No comments: